Purpose Brenau University offers a M.S. degree in Organizational Leadership that is designed for individuals from a variety of academic and work backgrounds who desire to positively influence the human dynamics within organizations. Coursework provides students with the opportunities to learn about and apply contemporary theory in organization change and development, critical and creative thinking, organizational learning, leadership, conflict resolution and strategic planning.
Admissions Requirements All applicants for admission to the organizational leadership program (M.S.) must complete/submit the following prior to admission:
- Minimum undergraduate cumulative GPA of 2.5
- Current resumé.
Generally applicants for the organizational leadership program are expected to meet the stated admissions requirements. However, Brenau may consider an applicant who does not meet [all] stated requirements, but who, in the opinion of the appropriate department, may be a good candidate for admission to the University. In such cases an applicant’s credentials will be reviewed by the graduate department chair, to determine if the applicant is qualified for admission.
Outcome Statements Upon completion of the M.S. in Organizational Leadership program students should be able to:
- Demonstrate critical thinking related to executive level business applications;
- Communicate (written and oral) effectively in an organizational setting;
- Diagnose an organization’s culture and understand its relationship to organizational change;
- Diagnose an organization’s readiness for change;
- Develop interventions for change readiness;
- Express ethical responsibility related to organization leadership;
- Discuss current issues of concern to organizations’ leaders.